Laine – Nordic Knit Life – Issue Nineteen
Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. Laine cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life.
Laine's intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling.
Laine's lovely winter issue is here! In Laine 19 — called Kaolinite — we celebrate the meditative nature of crafts. The beautiful, serene photos were taken in a ceramics studio, and the patterns offer a relaxing break from the everyday.
This issue’s knits feature intriguing techniques and stitch patterns. Fall in love with the simplicity of Linen Stitch, featured in the Crisp Morning vest, or relax with the engaging and easy-to-knit lace of the Plumette sweater.
Designers contributing to Issue 19 - Kaolinite - are: Alexandra Atepaeva, Jennifer Brou, Maxim Cyr, Ronja Hakalehto, Helga Isager, Pauliina Leisti, Agata Mackiewicz, Yukie Onodera, Marie Régnier, Jacqueline van Dillen and Veera Välimäki.
This scrumptious winter issue features:
- 11 knitting patterns: 4 sweaters, 1 cardigan, 2 vests, 1 skirt, 1 shawl, 1 hat, 1 pair of socks.
- an interview with the Japanese artist Tomomi Mimura, who uses basic darning stitches to embroider charming animal characters.
- An article about the American sheep shearer Pony Jacobson, and why this age-old craft is vital both for sheep’s health and the textile industry.
- Jeanette Sloan Talks Fibre – a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Sari Monroy, a fibre artist and writer who draws on her Mayan Kaqchikel heritage.
- Five Ways by regular writer Päivi Kankaro, who explores what kind of skills knitters should practise to increase their brain health.
- Where I Knit: a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot. In this issue, we meet Atia, who knits in her beautiful London living room.
- book reviews
- seasonal recipes