Laine – Nordic Knit Life – Issue Sixteen
Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. Laine cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life.
Laine's intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling.
Laine Issue 16, Winter 2023, is this our best issue ever? Laine rhetorically asks. And all though we adore every single issue from Laine - who are we to argue! Issue 16 brings you to the streets of their beloved Helsinki, the capital of Finland. We will visit a charming bookstore and an edgy record store, and sit down to have a warming cup of coffee. In short, a perfect, slow Saturday!
Designers contributing to Issue 16 - Slow Saturday - are: Fiona Alice, Rachel Brockman, Dee Hardwicke, Thien-Kieu Lam, Lotta H Löthgren, Rosa Pomar, Yan Qian, Eri Shimizu, Anna Strandberg and Orlane Sucche.
Issue 16 features:
- 11 knitting patterns: 5 sweaters, 2 cardigans, 2 shawls, 1 waistcoat, 1 pair of socks.
- an interview with Elaine Tom – learn how she became the trusted test knitter for many designers, knitting around 40 sweaters a year!
- an article on how the Craft Museum of Finland preserves cultural heritage and inspires the crafters of today.
- NEW! Jeanette Sloan Talks Fibre – a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Lorraine Amagove Mugere, a Kenyan knitwear and crochet designer.
- NEW! Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro. In this issue, Päivi explores how you can keep your favourite knits around for longer by taking care of them the right way.
- NEW! Where I Knit – a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot, and talking about crafting in their everyday lives.
- book reviews
- seasonal recipes