Knit with Attitude
iKnit7 A Break in Tide KAL Kit
We think that this shawl is the perfect pub-Summer-Layer-Up accessory for this Summer.
This 2-colour triangular shawl is constructed from the bottom up in sophisticated panels of garter stitch and modified Fisherman's Rib with slip stitch variations. It might look like brioche, it might feel like brioche - but it ain't brioche!!
Your Kit includes ALL of this:
Access to the Private KAL Facebook Group for the KAL and invitations to these special KAL events:
- ZOOM KAL Kick Off Party with all the iKnit7 Shop Owners and Tif on 16th July, 8pm BST
- FB live session with Tif where you can ask all your questions and get any technical help you might need
- ZOOM KAL Show It Off Party at the end of the KAL, when we will celebrate our gorgeous new shawl, and a fun Giveaway! 27th August, 8pm BST
Enough to make the whole shawl, and a Hard Copy of the Pattern by Tif Neilan.
Our kits have been carefully chosen to meet the meterage requirements for this shawl based on full hanks sizes, should you end up with left overs, we've even thrown in an extra freebie: the Old Oak Toque pattern which you'll find in our exclusive Facebook group. Alternatively: Make more tassels!!!
Can't see anything that tickles your fancy, please know that we are more than happy to accommodate for custom options. Drop us an email via the contact us form on this site and we will do our very best to help you out.
You will also need:
- 5.5mm / US 9 circular needle (approx 24" and 40"), or size needed for gauge. If choosing the cotton kit see note below.
- Tapestry needle for your ends
- (Optional) Removable Stitch marker, to mark the RS of your work
- (Optional) Tassel Maker.
Approx 153cm (60") wingspan x 64cm (25") centre depth (pre-blocking)
17 sts x 33 rows = 10cm (4"), worked flat in garter stitch (pre-blocking)
Advanced beginner or intermediate - but don't worry - everything is easier during a KAL!
At KWA we have come up with 4 different yarn kits for you, all specially selected to enhance the soft hug that is this shawl, still making sure the stitch patterns are well defined to make the texture pop, and each presented in super-pretty colour combinations for you to choose from.
- The BettaKnit PIMA COTTON kits include a hard copy pattern and 500g in soft as a cloud Peruvian Pima Cotton - £52
- The John Arbon KNIT BY NUMBERS kits include a hard copy pattern and 300g Knit by Numbers DK in ultra soft organically bred Merino Wool - £60
- The Fyberspates VIVACIOUS kits include a hard copy pattern and 345g Vivacious DK in gorgeously handdyed tonals - £62.50
- The Kettle Yarn Co. ISLINGTON kits include a hard copy pattern and 500g Islington DK BFL/Silk handdyed wonders - £137
- The Norne Yarn MERINO / SILK / YAK kits include a hard copy pattern and 500g Merino/silk/yak in handdyed deep jewellike magnificence - £157
- The Nordic Yarn ECO CASHMERE kits include a hard copy pattern and 300g in full blown luxury Eco Cashmere - £172
A note on choosing cotton kits: Cotton is a much smoother fibre and do not hold the same grip as a wool/wool blend yarn resulting in a more open knit when doing colour work. To compensate for this we recommend going down half a milimeter when choosing your needle size to 5mm / US 8, the heaviness of the cotton fibre will still gain the final measurements of the shawl when blocking. We are also offering our exclusive collectable iKnit7 drawstring bags as an add on for £5, they're normally £8 (while stock lasts)
Iknit7 is a collaboration by seven unique yarn shops: Emily foulds, Ginger Twist Studio, Wild and Woolly, Knit with attitude, This is Knit, Tribe Yarns and A Yarn Story. To learn more visit iKnit7.com